Sunday 15 June 2014

Landyachtz Boss Hawgs (Shred or Dead)

Hello Readers,
This article is going to be a part of a new segment called "Shred or Dead" Which will be posted every Sunday,it will be a review column of a variety of products, Enjoy!



I recently picked myself up a set of Boss Hawgs, a wheel made by Landyachtz which comes in 3 Options:
70mm 76a (Blue)
70mm 78a (Red)
70mm 80a (Grey)

I bought a set of the red ones. (In all actuality I didn't by them I got them in the Landyachtz Mystery Box before they were released!) Anyways, I just got into riding them after winter faded away. The first thing I noticed about these wheels was the texture, they feel soft, you can almost feel the form change by pushing on it. It has mild resistance to my finger, but it is still noticeable. I set these wheels up on my classic setup (Grizzly 852's with a Sector 9 Super Shaka) and got down to business.

These wheels seem as if they would be more of a grippy wheel with them being 78a and all but they're quite the opposite. They have an FSU core making them great for free riding with a rounded lip, even Landyachtz website tells you they're for "Ultimate Smooth Slides." I thought they were working great, they left some pretty thick thane lines, and I could do some pretty cool slides. If I could compare them to any wheel it would likely be the Orangutan Durian series, they slide well at all speeds and they've lasted me a good 3 months of going out 3 times a week.

Now I'm aware free-riding isn't the only thing that matters, out in the area I live there are some pretty nice hills, with my top speed reaching about 80 km/h with Landyachtz Mini Monster Hawgs. With these wheels I achieved almost the same speed, at 76 km/h.

The only thing I can't recommend these wheels for is cruising, they are rather large and if you wanted to cruise just buy something like Cult Mini's not these.

Final Thoughts:
In my opinion they're well worth the $48 dollars. The slides were great, so was the downhill, the lower durometer didn't affect speed wobbles or anything like that and the rounded edge really made sliding a breeze.

Slide: 8/10
Downhill: 7/10
Cruise: 5/10
Overall: 8/10

Thanks For Reading!
Hope You Enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. I have been using 78A Pu wheels and I thinks this type is great with my style and boarding. Thanks for sharing such good information.

    ReplyDelete