Wednesday 13 November 2013

Shark Wheels. The Wheels That Bite... Literally.


I Personally bought these wheels fresh off of Kickstarter a website where you help growing entrepreneurs achieve there so called goal of making the world a better place. Now the second i got these wheels they felt rather odd. The outer part of the wheel was tearing and they felt like a cheap plastic. I decided to give them a shot anyway, I rode these wheels down a local hill at around 45kmh. A relatively slow speed for some. But coming up to slide at the end these wheels wouldn't shred any thane and decided to stop dead in there tracks, launching me 5 feet off my board onto the ground. I went back to take a look at them only to find that after a mere day of riding them i had already "Puked,Cored,Melted" the inner core of my wheel.

 So I do what any of us would do I call the company not only do they tell me I can't return them because i rode them for an hour, but that the wheels weren't designed for slides. If you had watched the original video for this product you would have seen a mid teen pulling 180 slides straight down the hill no problem. I continued t ride these wheels and more problems sprung up including the plastic that melted getting into the threads on my trucks, and the wheels became more square the more I rode. I was beginning to sound my like a 1970 Harley Davidson motorcycle then a teen on a skateboard. 

My Overall conclusion is that these wheels bite and seem like something you'd get from Walmart for 20$
I would rate them;
Sliding- 1
Downhill Speed- 4
Freestyle- 1
Looks- 8
Durability- 1
These wheels were too much hype, and no use. There's no good purpose for these wheels and never will be. Stay tuned for next weeks edition on Top 10 Christmas Gifts


2 comments:

  1. Blue salt Festival is truly wonderful to make some FUn with your guides. Here some best longboards for the beginners riders who need to make more fun by riding a longboard with thousand of riders. Longboards for Girls


    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beaten yourself this time, and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts in future. Thank you for sharing great information to us. long boards for girls

    ReplyDelete